Marewwage...
Speaking of marriage, today in church I had a honest to goodness revelation, an epiphany if you will. I saw three of the girls that I have dated, each of whom brought their fiancée to church with them. It's been about 6 months since my last relationship, but the revelation I had then resurfaced today. I WILL NOT FIND A SPOUSE IN PROVO. I have many friends here in Utah, so I don't wish to offend any of the women out there. But my feelings are that I'm just a regular guy, and the women here in Utah have abnormally high, unrealistic standards for men. Now my mom would say that the problem is that my standards are too high, but honestly I only have one standard. I have to be attracted to her. I don't feel like that's too much to ask. Now I know that once you start having kids, the whole dynamic changes. And life for the next 60 years becomes part of the "daily grind" I know that looks wont matter when we both grow older and fatter. But seriously though, if i can't enjoy my wife's beauty even for a little while, whats the point???
I feel like it's important to tell your wife that she's pretty. And mean it too. I can't imagine waking up in the morning next to her, looking at her and saying " wow, honey, you have such a beautiful testimony! would you mind bearing to me right now?" uhhh, not for me.
My sister says that I couldn't afford a family right now, even if I wanted to. Yeah, she's right. I mean, plenty of students here at BYU hook it up with nothing but good intentions in the bank account. But she's right, I personally, could not support a family. I guess John Lennon was slightly mistaken when he said love is all you need.
I think my mom and sister are both PARTIALLY right. However for the most part, I just don't measure up to most Utah women's expectations.
Thus I will probably end up moving some day. With any luck a will marry a bomb shell who's family is independently wealthy.


2 Comments:
You know, it's odd... even though Sarah and I were both at BYU at the same time, it took us both leaving Utah and having a chance meeting in Illinois. So I hear you. I distinctly remember feeling very old during the last bit at BYU, when the average age of the girls in my ward was probably 7 or 8 years below mine. (Having said that, I'd still suggest not giving up on the Utah girls-- all it takes is one.)
oh dave...you are a unique one--which is good:) but i actually agree wholeheartedly with you. byu is not the place to find a spouse. keep looking. she's out there somewhere. and keep working on the ability to support a family. that quality attracts the ladies for sure!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home